OP-Video Surgical Technique E-IFU
Locking plate for Hallux-Valgus interventions through proximal chevron, crescentic and closing or open wedge osteotomies as well as TMT1 and MTP1 fusion procedures
The BLP™ Plate is an anatomically shaped U-oblique locking plate that adapts the proximal curvature of the first metatarsal. The plate is available in four lengths (31, 33, 35 and 37 mm) for left and right feet. The plate construct is affixed with 3.0 mm and 3.5 mm locking screws that offload the osteotomy of fracture site. Two K-wire holes of 1.4 mm facilitate temporary fixation.
- Locking screw construct with dorsal lip for reduced stress
- 4 sizes each, left and right side specific, 31 mm, 33 mm, 35 mm & 37 mm
- Plates and Screws made of titanium alloy (Ti6AI4V ELI, ISO 5832-3, ASTM F136)
- Used with Ø 3.0 mm and Ø 3.5 mm MetaFix™ LS locking screws
- Crossed proximal and distal locking screws for enhanced stability
- K-wire holes to facilitate temporary fixation for locking screw insertion
- Simple surgical technique
- For moderate to severe deformities
- Optimal biomechanical stability for continuous post-operative fixation under load. Preventing elevation or depression as well as shortening or elongation of the first ray
- Optimal anatomical fit for the first metatarsal
- Immediate to early weight-bearing possible (only after consultation with the doctor)
Fixation of fractures, osteotomies, non-unions of the clavicle, scapula, olecranon, radius, ulner, fibular, metacarpals, metatarsals, Hallux Valgus osteotomy corrections, middle hand and middle foot bones, particular in osteopenic bone.