OP-Video Surgical Technique E-IFU
MetaFix™ Ludloff locking plates allow Hallux Valgus interventions close to the apex of the deformity using the familiar Ludloff osteotomy. However, previous fixation with only two compression screws was inadequate and required non-weight bearing post-operative care. Merete’s Ludloff plate combined the locking construct with compression screws for an optimal fusion through the inclusion of plate compression screws (PCS). This off-loads fusion site while simultaneously applying compression. Consequently, post-operative immediate weight-bearing.
The patented MetaFix™ Ludloff plate is placed dorsally on the diaphysis of the first metatarsal and anchored with a proximal 3.5 mm and a distal 3.0 mm locking screw. 3.0 mm partially threaded, headed compression screws are then placed through the plate and the osteotomy for compression. The compression screws may be angled up to 15° in the plate to orient them perpendicular to the osteotomy for optimal compression.
- Presenting a procedure with substantial correction potential through a Hallux Valgus intervention close to apex of the deformity
- Preserves the first tarsometatarsal joint and offers a large fusion site
- Reduced non-union rates compared to stand-alone compression screws that frequently lead to fracturing fusion sites during early weight-bearing in non-compliant patients
- Plantar or dorsiflexion adjustable through saw blade angulation while the osteotomy is performed
- Plates and screws are made of Titanium Alloy (Ti6Al4V, ASTM F-136, ISO 5832-3)
- Low profile, anatomically formed locking plate for left and right feet
- For use with MetaFix™ LS screws 3.0 mm and 3.5 mm and Cannulated PCS dorsal compression screws
- Combined with headed compression screw fixation of the familiar Ludloff osteotomy
- Facilitates early weight-bearing
- Proximal 3.5 mm and distal 3.0 mm locking screw transfer the weight into the plate and past the osteotomy
- Plate lengths of 31, 34 and 38 mm available for left and right feet
- 3.0 mm and 3.5 mm MetaFix® LS locking screws combined with cannulated 3.0 mm plate compression screws (PCS)
- Surgical technique with optimal ease-of-use
- Plates include K-wire holes for temporary fixation during screw insertion
Fixation of fresh fractures, revision procedures, joint fusion, and reconstruction of small bones of the hand, feet, wrist, ankles, fingers, and toes.